Work plays a significant role in our lives and there can sometimes be a blur between home life and work; this is particularly poignant when we work from home. It’s becoming increasingly important to make sure we maintain a healthy balance so as not to negatively impact our mental health, relationships, and general wellbeing. It is well known that when the balance is right, happy workers, improved productivity and work performance follows.
We are passionate about our team having a good work-life balance and encourage individuals to be open about their workload and to share healthy coping mechanisms. Here’s why we provide just a few of the things we do to our team
- Flexitime – this allows all team members to flex their hours around core hours to suit their busy lives.
- Remote working – this is open to all of our employees alongside being able to access a desk or meeting room in our physical office should they want/need to.
- Enhanced annual, compassionate, family, and other leave – to support staff when they need time off.
Being a remote first company means it is especially important to us to get the team together now and then at staff events and social gatherings. It is an opportunity to have fun at work and get to know each other. We run a mixture of in person and virtual events to encourage people to have a break from work and recharge.
Below are a few comments from our staff on how they create a healthy work-life balance at Software Solved:
- Being able to use flexi hours allows me to balance my career with my responsibilities as a mum
- SwS flexibility around annual leaving means that I can go to Greece for a month to see my partner!
- I have never been as thankful for both the flexi hours and remote working options as during the summer holidays! I can be around for the kids (teenagers) serve as taxi, cleaner and helpline without it having the slightest impact on work. It certainly makes for a much healthier, less stressed life.
- I can flex the hours that I work on a day-to-day basis to fix in with my responsibilities as a dad, and to simply finish early or start late on a day because I want to, for my wellbeing!
- I can take the time to make and enjoy a proper meal at lunch time, rather than rushing a soggy sandwich down my throat, not feeling I have to rush back!
- I can nip to the pharmacy or similar and can work around health issues, so I don’t lose any productivity but still look after myself.
- I can take a long lunch to go running or enjoy a PT session
- I find that to be as productive as possible in work I need to always ensure I am working smarter rather than harder, but also that I have non-work activities planned into my week where I can switch my brain off from my day-to-day responsibilities.
- Flexi-time allows me to spend time and help out with my new son without compromising my work. This combined with being able to work from home has allowed me to have an incredible work life balance at a really exciting time in my life”
If you are interested in finding out more about our team or would like to join us Software Solved, please do get in touch.