We are delighted to announce that Software Solved has signed the ‘Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health’, an initiative run by the NHS for employers to demonstrate their commitment to better mental health at work. Here at Software Solved we are incredibly proud of our inclusive culture and actively promote a workplace where staff feel able to discuss their mental health openly. Never has this been more important than during the pandemic, reflected by our staff choosing Mind as our charity of the year.
Throughout the year we have trained four Mental Health First Aiders to support the mental wellbeing of our staff and educate us all on both good mental health and mental health conditions.
Signing the charter was the next logical step and ensures we remain committed to:
• Providing support to staff experiencing mental ill-health.
• Not making assumptions about a person and their ability to work.
• Enabling employees and job applicants with mental health problems.
• Supporting line managers in managing mental health at work.
• Ensuring we are fair in our recruitment of new staff.
• Not discriminating against employees with mental health problems and instead encouraging them to be honest to seek the support they might need.
If you are interested in finding out more about the importance of mental health at Software Solved, read our previous blog.