Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Sugar CRM are two capable CRM systems in a market full of competitive offerings.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the product of Microsoft’s effort to bring together all of their business solutions under one offering, providing users with a choice of apps that can be used under the Dynamics brand.
Sugar CRM has been developed by a much smaller company than Microsoft, that has done a good job of offering a trimmed-down version of a CRM system that appeals to a user who is looking for a simple enough system to use without compromising on the core features.
Essentially when comparing these two options their suitability depends largely on the sophistication of the system you need to run your business.
Here are some of the reasons to choose Sugar CRM:
- Entry price: If you are a smaller sized company and looking for a cost-effective solution then Sugar does offer an attractive basic entry price level. But be aware that costs do start to build up if you want to then develop a level of great complexity within the CRM solution.
- Simplicity: The mantra at Sugar CRM is keeping it simple and that is certainly something that the product appears to have achieved. Reduced up-skilling and ease of use.
And here are some of the reasons to choose Dynamics CRM:
- Microsoft’s might: Every six months Microsoft make repeated continuous improvements to their Dynamics offering in waved releases that you as a customer get to take advantage of. Microsoft have invested a huge sum of money in this development and have acquired companies and built their features into the offering. The result being that for a relatively small entry price you benefit from features including AI and machine learning because of the financial firepower of the company behind it.
- Integration with Microsoft products: It’s no surprise that if you are using Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word (all Microsoft products) that Dynamics play very nicely with these solutions in a seamless integrated way. This enables you to process customer opportunities inside of Dynamics whilst using tools that your staff are already very familiar with.
- Security and safety: Let be honest you don’t want your customer information, the very information that is at the heart of your business, going missing or being read by some unauthorised person. Dynamics leverages Azure and its complementary security systems to ensure that your data is as secure as possible.
If you are thinking about investing in a CRM system, there are undoubted quantifiable, tangible benefits for any organisation wanting to sell products or services to customers. The good news is that there are some very good, mature and well-functioning options on the market for businesses to choose from.
If you are interested in purchasing a new CRM system, upgrading your existing system, or perhaps you want to get more out of your existing implementation, we would be happy to talk to you.