Data Optimisation Audit
The Data Optimisation Audit
Understanding how you gather, generate, store and share data is the first step towards successful data optimisation.
Our Data Optimisation Audit is a fast, accurate and cost-effective way to take a snapshot of your current data estate.
What does a Data Optimisation Audit involve?
One of our data management specialists will meet with you to gain an understanding of your systems, users, reporting and objectives. Once complete, they’ll conduct a more detailed technical review of your current holdings and capabilities. They will also poll stakeholders to establish their needs and encourage project buy-in.
This process will enable them to establish:
- What data you hold
- Where data is held
- What systems it is held in
- Why you hold it
- Who can access it
- Who needs to access it, but can’t
- Who shouldn’t access it, but can
- Your current reporting capability
- Your current analytics capability
This information will form part of a detailed technical report.
What are the benefits of a Data Optimisation Audit?
As well as outlining where you are ‘now’, your report will share examples of best practice to illustrate where you ‘could be’. Your data expert will take into account your needs and constraints before sharing ways to:
- Improve reporting (e.g. by automating regular reports and allowing users to self-serve appropriate and accurate information on demand)
- Use your data for competitive advantage (e.g. by combining datasets in new ways to gain fresh insights)
- Visualise data
- Make it easier to control access to data
- Improve the quality of your data
- Scale your systems as your data holdings increase
- Reduce data-related risks
During a project close meeting, your consultant will deliver a presentation which summarises the key elements of your report. This will provide you and other key stakeholders with the opportunity to ask any questions or discuss any findings.
Key elements of a Data Optimisation Report
Your report will be split into four sections: Access, Analyse, Learn and Predict. Key findings for each section will be listed along with its current stage of maturity and our recommendations for improvement. The report will help you understand the potential for improvement and prioritise future actions which will support growth and/or mitigate risk.
Access and analyse
In these sections, you’ll discover what blockers are preventing your data from being used to its full potential and explore the benefits of empowering employees to combine and analyse data in new ways.
The Access section will help you answer the following questions:
- Do the right people have access to the right data at the right time?
- How can we improve performance by providing users with better access to data?
- Does the quality of our data sources put us at risk?
- Should we be concerned about the availability of our data sources?
- Are we able to integrate reporting?
- Would we benefit from data integration or data warehousing?
The Analyse section will help you answer these questions:
- Do we provide users with the high-quality data they need to make fully informed decisions?
- Are our reports cumbersome and/or inaccurate?
- Are stakeholders frustrated by our current reporting capabilities?
- Are our forecasts reliable?
- Do our users have the skills to find new insights through analysis?
- How much would employees benefit from being able to use business intelligence to visualise and analyse data?
Learn and predict
Our report will take data analytics one stage further by considering if the latest technologies and approaches could help you gain a competitive advantage by accurately anticipating future opportunities and risks.
Data science uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights. Machine learning uses artificial intelligence to enable algorithms to become more effective over time.
These sections will help you answer these questions:
- Could the latest technologies drive growth, protect our turnover or deliver a ROI?
- Should we invest in data science?
- How could machine learning benefit our business?
- How can we learn to predict the future like our competitors?
Ready to take the next step?
Take a few minutes to complete our audit questionnaire and one of our experts will be in touch.
Contact us to explore the hidden power of your data.