Test Analyst – Exeter – Salary up to £25,000
Manual, QA, ISTQB
We are currently looking to recruit a Test Analyst to join our expanding team as they embark on new and existing projects. You will be responsible for conducting a full life cycle QA, testing new bespoke systems and a portfolio of systems we support.
Software Solved help clients resolve bespoke software needs through our software development and support services. Established in 1998 we have developed particular expertise in the insurance sector and financial services.
Skills and Experience
- Your testing expertise must cover windows and web based applications.
- Prior experience working as part of an Agile and/or Waterfall software development team.
- You should be a dynamic, clear and a flexible thinker with the ability to understand and communicate highly complex issues.
- You will be diligent with a focus on detail and accuracy and an ability to work on multiple projects with good communication skills. You must be organised and good at time management.
- Outstanding oral and written English are essential even when working under time pressure
Ideally you will be degree educated, with the ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Certificate. Software Solved have a commitment to training and will enhance your career with professional development.
- Proactively and re-actively ensuring the agreed test activities are delivered as planned.
- Working collaboratively with the development and support teams to define and clarify the requirements they have of the testing service.
- Conducting tests; preparing test plans, test scripts and test data; performing system and regression testing, and assisting clients with user acceptance testing.
- Recording, assigning and prioritising bugs through a central bug tracking system, tracing the issues back to the original requirements.
- Reporting test results back to the QA / Test Manager to help manage quality across the company.
- Developing and enhancing current test practices and approaches to introduce improved ways of working. Ensuring each improvement delivers rational development of the teams overall method.
Our excellent benefits package, which includes flexible/home working, company pension scheme, training, loyalty bonus options and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
Please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference: testanalystnov18. A full job description is available on request.
Due to the expected high number of applicants for this role, we regret that it may not be possible to respond to all unsuccessful applications.