Proposal Terms & Conditions
In the interests of transparency, we set out below a summary of our principal terms and conditions.
- Our terms assume we will be contracting with your business under English law.
- Our proposal is not an offer and is subject to contract.
- Our proposal may be based on a Fixed Price or Time & Expenses basis. In either case, any changes to the specification or circumstances may result in additional costs that will be billed.
- Our pricing assumes you will grant us the right to use your name and logo in our marketing materials including our website.
- Obtaining appropriate software licenses required for the deployment of the solution is your responsibility, unless you are using our hosting facilities.
- All prices are in UK pounds Sterling (ISO currency GBP) exclude VAT, travelling time and expenses. Travelling time is minimised because instead we do productive work whilst travelling by avoiding driving, or using video conferencing when possible. Our expenses policy is available on request and limits us to charging standard class rail travel, HMRC approved mileage rates and using budget hotels.
- All times/dates and service SLAs refer to UK times in GMT or BST as relevant and UK public holidays unless specifically stated otherwise.
- For time and expenses estimates, monthly payments in arrears will be required, details to be arranged upon receipt of your order.
- Additional information may be required by our credit reference agency.
- Subject to credit references, payment is required strictly 14 days from date of invoice. Failure to ensure that payment is received by us no more than 1 working day late may result in suspension of any ongoing work or withdrawal of support, and a late payment fee becoming due. Payment must be made by electronic transfer such as BACS.
- Our prices are valid for 30 days from the date of our proposal. Orders received after this time may be subject to change. If an order is received by then, our fees will be frozen until at least the following 30 April. Thereafter annual inflationary price increases or industry salary rate increases may be levied.
- A formal purchase order and/or contract will be required when you decide to proceed.
- You warrant that you are the legal owners of the Intellectual Property Rights and Copyright in any existing software and concept you will describe to us and indemnify Software Solved against any and all such claims from any third party as might arise as a result of supplying the same to us.
- Our day rate is based on a 7-hour day between 8:30am to 5pm. Overtime and weekend rates are charged outside of these hours and on public holidays.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Copyright to the concept, source code, database and documentation will transfer to you upon completion and payment in full.
- Except as required by law we will not at any time accept any liability for either negligence or breach of contract in respect of the work described above (including any damage to software, damage to or loss of data, loss of profit, anticipated profits, revenues, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage).
- Trademarks and registered Trademarks of Microsoft and other partners are acknowledged.
- By agreeing to this work you give us the right to create and publish a case study that we can use for marketing purposes over a period of 3 years.