IT Support Technician
We're looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual
We are looking to welcome an IT Support Technician to join our talented team. For over 21 years we have had a passion for helping businesses grow through the custom software and data solutions we create.
With a focus and enthusiasm for delivering quality each and every time, our creativity and curiosity for technology helps us to understand the complexities of our clients’ industries and find innovative software solutions. We value the power of collaboration and are looking for open and genuine people to assist Software Solved in its growth.
Location: Flexible working (office & homeworking)
The IT Support Technician reports to the Director of Technology and is a critical role in ensuring the Software Solved Team and clients are able to conduct their business unhindered by technical issues wherever possible. You will provide essential services in managing and supporting the infrastructure of our ICT networks in a pro-active way, communicating issues or potential issues swiftly, while also proposing a solution and plan of action. You will work with a level of autonomy, using your common sense and customer service skills to ensure requests are actioned swiftly, communicated well, workarounds found, and the IT Support service is performing in the best way possible.
- Experience with Windows operating systems, including configuration, restoring, builds, system updates and troubleshooting.
- Windows server administration and troubleshooting experience including Active Directory and remote login issues.
- Good knowledge of networking technologies including IP addressing, TCP/IP, switching and routing, firewall configuration and VPNs.
- Recent experience of network and system security best practices, including ISO27001.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Jira and ability to work within Service Levels
- Excellent Customer Service skills with a good understanding of the importance of timely communication and ability to adapt your style and method of communication depending on the audience and situation.
- Ability to work autonomously and use your initiative, prioritise your workload, work under pressure when needed and deliver to deadlines.
- Experience of managing and maintaining pro-active monitoring and alerting.
- Experience conducting Data Protection Insight Assessments (DPIAs).
- Knowledge of Office365 and Exchange, plus phone systems.
- A technically minded, creative trouble-shooter with a good understanding of how to keep people and services operational (identify workarounds) whilst diagnostics are completed.
We offer an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, flexible working including homeworking, various social and team events, a company pension scheme, life assurance, income protection, loyalty benefits and provide company equipment.
All successful applicants must complete a basic DBS check.